Skip to main content

Hello, I would like to automatically add deals in Pipedrive when a contact is added. It's important that a deal is only created if the imported contact has a phone number or if I assign a phone number to the contact after importing. It's also crucial that no duplicate deals are created. Contacts are imported via surf from Linked-In.

So far, I've managed this by linking the deals with the contact and setting conditions in my automation so that a deal is only created if a phone number exists and if there is no deal with the same contact name. However, the problem with this approach is that if I import multiple people from the same organization, multiple deals would be created for one organization, which is not desired.

It would be better if I created the deals not on contacts but on organizations. The problem here is that in the automation, I cannot set a condition that the deal should only be created if a phone number exists for a contact. So, I am faced with the dilemma that deals linked to organizations cannot be automatically created based on a phone number, but I avoid creating multiple deals for the same organization. Alternatively, I could have deals automatically created, but then there's no guarantee that I don't already have a deal with that organization.

I think I hit the limit of Pipedrives automatisations and need Zapier for this. Has anyone ever done this and can give me insights on how to approach this?

Hi @lil business man 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Logic would be to first try to find a Deal by search criteria, then possibly use Paths to handle if a Deal exists or not.

Hey there @lil business man 👋

Did you solve this by using a search action to find the deal followed by paths to check whether the deal exists or not as Troy suggested?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please keep us updated on how you’re getting on with this - happy to assist further!