Best answer

Discord error: Failed to create a role in Discord {"user_id": ["Value \"user\" is not snowflake."]}

• 17 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I have users login to Discord and fill out a Google form where they’re required to fill out their name, email and Discord username. I’d like my zap to then auto-assign the user a role which grants them access to additional channels. I’m getting the error:

Failed to create a role in Discord

{"user_id": ["Value \"user\" is not snowflake."]}

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 August 2022, 11:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Rob123!

From what you’ve described, I’m guessing that you’re using the Discord username as the custom value in the user field, is that right? If so, you need to change that so it’s the user ID. The ID is a long number string, you can see what they look like if you use the dropdown to look at the list of users; the user ID is the number underneath the username.

You can get that ID by adding a step that will search for the user with their user name. So your Zap would look a bit like this:

1. Google Form
  2. Discord - Find user 
  3. Discord - Add role (using the user ID from the previous step)

I hope that helps, and if you’re new to Zapier, I recommend checking out this guide to using custom values in Zaps. Let us know if you have any questions!