Question

Discord contract signing is not auto-populating Trello cards properly.

• 9 August 2023
  • 1 reply

So Im tryin to make a automated thing where, in my discord server, they sign a contract, and it gets put onto a card, with the discord users name, and it has the contract either in the discription, or in the comment, i have something right now, but i have todo it mauuelly.anmd it doesnt even pop up sometimes.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @MPB! 🎉

Hmm, I’m not seeing any triggers for the Discord app that would allow it to trigger a Zap when a contract is signed. Can you tell us a bit more about how the contract is signed? For example is the contract created and signed through another app like SignNow or something similar? If so, perhaps the trigger could be when the contract is signed in SignNow for example. Then, assuming that trigger is also able to supply the Zap with the Discord username and contract description you could then pass those details over to Trello.

Alternatively, perhaps you could add a reaction to the message in Discord that contains the signed contract and use Discord’s New Reaction on Message trigger as the trigger for the Zap. Then you could pass the details from Discord over to Trello that way. 

Do you think either of those approaches might work here? Looking forward to hearing from you!