Skip to main content

I’m trying to put together a Zap that will simply send an email when a Sales Receipt is created in Quickbooks Online, but the credit card charge associated with it gets declined.

I am using the Zapier Filter to detect whether a charge is successful or not, but I can’t seem to find a field that’s pulled in from Quickbooks to differentiate between successful and declined charges.

Has anyone dealt with this? Is there another way? Thank you!

Hi @upswept 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing the data points returned from the Zap trigger step you are using.

Check against successful examples and unsuccessful examples to see if you can identify a common data point that has different values to use in the Filter condition.

Or you may have to add a Zap step after to find the QBO Sales Receipt to see if that returns more data points to then filter by.

You may also have to add a step to find the related charge to then use those data points in the Filter step.

Hi there, @upswept! 👋

How are things going on this? Were you able to locate a field that could be use in the the filter to determine whether a charge was successful or not? 

If not, I had a quick look at a test sample for the New Sales Receipt trigger and it appears that there’s a Credit Card Payment Credit Charge Response Status field:
3d485f86f0f0708df3415afccf215e41.png

I couldn’t see what actual values it would contain but perhaps it might say whether the charge was successful? 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

@SamB Thank you, it looks like that might do the trick. I’ve updated my Zap and will see how it goes!

That’s awesome @upswept! A huge thanks to Sam and Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗