Question

Dependencies gone when creating a list from a ClickUp template

• 23 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I tried automating the creation a ClickUp list from a template using Zapier. However, every time a list is created through that automation, the dependencies in the template are gone. Is this a limitation of Zapier? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Virtual Champions PH -
Here to help! Do you mind posting a screenshot of the template you are using so I can have a better understanding on how to help you out today?

Hi,

Here is the template I have in ClickUp. The Dependencies column is what I’m referring to. It’s gone once I create a list from a template using Zapier.

Hi ​​​​​​, 

Here is the template I have in ClickUp. The Dependencies column is what I’m referring to. It’s gone once I create a list from a template using Zapier.

@chanelle 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Virtual Champions PH!

I’m not the MOST familiar with ClickUp but I played around a bit, and can you confirm whether that column gets created when you use the template directly in ClickUp? So, create a list from that template outside of Zapier entirely, to see if that column gets added. In my case it did not, but I may not be doing it properly.

Would you mind giving that a shot?

Hi @nicksimard,

It does create the column on ClickUp when I manually create a list from the template.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Virtual Champions PH,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you tried reconnecting your ClickUp account to see if the “Dependencies” column shows up? You can reconnect your ClickUp account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/clickup.

Please keep us posted! 😊