Best answer

Delay Function Not working in my Zap process

• 14 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a process when I create an item in Monday. I want to wait 30 minutes before moving forward specifically because I have documents that will be need to be updated accordingly usually 10 minutes after creation. 

Once I create the item, Zapier skips the 2nd step (Delay) Function & automatically gives me an error of 

Required field “Folder Name” title is missing. What do I do??

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 June 2023, 23:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ali3332 

Good question.

Please reupload the attachments.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ali3332

Make sure you’ve republished your Zap so that the Delay step is live.

The screenshot from the Zap Run doesn’t show a Delay as Step 2.

Also, if you are trying to use new data from the Monday Item after the Delay step, then you will need to add another Monday step to get the freshest data from the Monday Item.

In other words, the data OUT from the Zap trigger step is a snapshot of data from the Monday Item at that point in time.

If new data will be added to the Monday Item after it’s been created that you want to use in later Zap steps, then after the Delay step, you need to lookup the Monday Item again, in order to pull thru a new snapshot of data from the Monday Item to use in following Zap steps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oh wow that was it thanks Troy! I’ve been using Zapier for awhile now. And didn’t know you had to publish it every time. I would just save it. That’s probably why it only showed +4 steps on the menu instead of +8 steps for this zap..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We love a good 💡 moment! Thanks for keeping the thread updated and sharing your success here in the community, @Ali3332. 🤗