Question

Default view in Tables is showing in alphabetical order in my form

• 14 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I have created a table with the exact order of my items I want shown, but in the form they are are re-arranged in alphabetical order.  The table is set to default view and no other views have been used for it.

Is there something I am missing with this?

Table of Statuses:

Pending Documents
Pending Signatures
Pending Filing
Submitted
Accepted
Rejected

Showing as:

Accepted
Pending Documents
Pending Filing
Pending Signatures
Rejected
Submitted

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there, @iNick! 🙂

It sounds like you’ve created a form in Zapier Interfaces that’s linked to the table you previously created, but issue is that the form is displaying the fields in the incorrect order, is that correct?

If so, that’s currently the expected behaviour. If you create the fields in the table and then re-order them (even before creating the form that’s linked to the table) it will default to displaying the fields in the order that they were originally added to the table.

So you’d need to edit the form, then click and drag the fields into the desired order. For example:
6d67f63163461053e27f893c5498b4aa.gif

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood the issue here can you share some further details or screenshots to give us some further context on the situation? Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing. Thanks! 

Hi @SamB

Below is the table with the records I created in the order it should be:

and this is how it is displaying on my form:

I do not have an issue or need to reorder any of the fields.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for clarifying that @iNick.

It looks like the Status field on the form is a Dropdown field, but the Statuses column field in the table isn’t. Instead it’s a Text field and the different options were added to the table as new records:
054b58f857968197412dd6d33a83d92e.png
So I think that would be why the options in the form’s Status field don’t link up to what’s in the table.

Does the set up of that Status field on the form currently look something like the following?
c0f344d660bea07ac532936970822e11.png
If so, you’d need to rearrange the order of the items in the Dropdown options field so that they’d match the desired order.

Alternatively, you could update the Statuses column field in the table to use a Dropdown field type and add the options the desired order there so that you can pull those options through to the form’s Status field:
65291ecf31b1b866a615e8da010f472a.png

Can you give that a try and let me know how you get on?

hi @SamB I do not want to create a static list of statuses, as I would be unable to add/remove anything because I would need to delete the field and re-add it.

I went ahead and created a field with a dropdown:

now when I add the table to my form, there is no field to choose from, as it’s disabled:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me here, @iNick

Ah, I think I know what’s happened here. When adding that new dropdown field did you select the Create New field option and then under the Selection source field choose the Another Table option and for the Selection Table field select the same table that’s already linked to the form?

If so, that could well be why you’re seeing that selection field disabled as it appears we can only pull text fields in from a separate table not dropdown fields at present:
4b27abc3b5dc95e2d8e0c2d80005d6c9.png

Can you try adding it to the form by selecting the Insert field from Table option and then select the field from the Table field field that then appears: 
f49844cf03c6cf1bf0e93ffcd96148d9.png

I’m thinking that should allow it to correctly link the form field to the dropdown field in the table.

Can you give that a try and confirm if that sorts it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB i am having the same challenge as @iNick, where i have a form that pulls dynamic values from a table, but the sorting is messed up and can’t find a way to fix it.

Here is the what i am dealing with:

I have a table view that has values manually sorted as follows: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12 - refer to below screenshot. 

However, when previewing the page, the same values are now sorted weirdly as follows: A1, A10, A11, A12, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, which is wrong and not corresponding to the correct order i have in my table - refer to below screenshot.  

@SamB I went ahead and tested the solution you provided - but it does not work. More exactly, to create a “Dropdown” field type inside the Table, instead of the “Text” field type (see my first screenshot above, where i have 2 columns with different types but identical values in both). Important to note, the connected table “IRMLaSat-SignupTable” is different than my selection table “IRMLaSat-ZoneStanduri” - can refer to the screenshots below.

In the Interface page, where i added the form, with the dropdown field, that references my Table, I noticed that I can only select the “Stand - Text” option which corresponds to the column that is a ”Text” field type - while the option “Stand - Dropdown” is NOT available for selection which corresponds to the column that is a ”Dropdown” field type.

Basically, how can the value in the form follow the same sorting order as in the table?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Emi.Lian, sorry for missing your message here previously!

I’ve responded in the other thread you started regarding the same issue you’ve mentioned here. I think it would be best to reach out to the Interfaces team and have them look into this further. It could be that there is a bug that needs to be investigated further. You can use this form to get in touch with them directly.

@iNick - I’d recommend reaching out to the Interfaces team about this as well if you’re still running into issues here.

I’m eager to ensure this gets resolved soon, so please keep me updated on how it goes with them.