Question

Deduplication logic not working for Pipedrive

• 16 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi All

We have a zap set up where the trigger is webhook, when ever someone fills the form webhook triggers and sends data to pipedrive where the person is created first and then we find that person and create a deal for that person

Now we are trying to set up a deduplication process with email id as unique identifier 

I have used Find or create the person logic by clicking the “Create Pipedrive Person if it doesn’t exist yet?” checkbox but still I see the duplicate records being created inside pipedrive with the same email id 

Is there any other way i can create a zap which helps us to achieve deduplication inside pipedrive

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Exotel 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give more context, thanks.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

This is the first step where the zap is triggered by webhook

1st Step.png

The next step is where i have been checking the email from the form with the existing data in pipedrive

Step2.png

In the next step if the email from the form existed in pipedrive already it should not continue ,if the id doesnt exist then it should create the person in this way we are trying to eradicate the duplicates

Step3.png

Then it should create a deal for that particular person

But this is not working as zap is allowing to create the person who already existed in the pipedrive

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exotel 

If you’re testing the Zap step manually, I believe a new Contact will be created regardless.

Check your Zap Runs history details for the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step when testing with the Zap ON: https://zapier.com/app/history/

This will indicate if a match was found (true/false).

Make sure there aren’t other Pipedrive Workflow Automation Rules being triggered that may create a new person.

Make sure there aren’t extra spaces before or after the email address from the trigger step that is being mapped to check in the Find/Create Person step.

In Pipedrive, check the history log for the new/existing Person record to see clues as to when the record was created, etc.