Skip to main content

I have a google contact record creator and update zap from a program, called LendingPad. The zap was working great until a few days ago when the update google contact process removed the clients’ phone number in Google Contact. The data in is there, but it’s not appearing in data out. Any ideas?

Hi and welcome to the Community @Daryn😁

I did some digging and found a recently reported bug for Google Contacts where fields with values selected are being cleared instead of updated. So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users. I can’t make any promises as to when you can expect a fix to be shipped but we’ll notify you by email as soon as it is. 

In the meantime I’d suggest creating a Custom Action to update the contacts. It’s a more advanced type of action but custom actions has an AI powered Copilot that can generate the action’s setup and fields. If you’re interested in giving that workaround a try check out our Create a custom action guide for more details.

Hopefully that’ll help to keep your workflows up and running for the moment. Please do let us know if you run into any issues on that or if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime. 

Thank you, SamB. Thank you for responding and for sharing a Custom Action solution. I am running into issues with the custom action. Any idea as to why this stopped working? If we can build a custom action, can we request this to be fixed?

Happy to assist with this, @Daryn! 🙂

Any idea as to why this stopped working? If we can build a custom action, can we request this to be fixed?

Often issues can suddenly occur as an unintended side affects of changes that are made to an app integration or are due to changes in the app’s API itself. The origin of this issue with Google Contacts hasn’t been recorded on the bug report so I don’t know for sure what has caused it. The team are investigating it and we’ll be sure to share any updates as and when we have them. 

I am running into issues with the custom action.

Are you getting any specific errors when setting up the action? If you can share some screenshots of the current set up of the action as well as any errors you’re seeing that would be super helpful to me as I don’t have access to look into your Zaps or account. Make sure to blur or remove all personal information (names, emails, addresses etc.) from screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 

Just wanted to circle back in here to confirm that the bug has been resolved! 🎉

There’s nothing to do on your end to get things working again but, if you continue to experience issues with contact information being removed please do let us know in the Community or contact our Support team here

Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡️