Skip to main content
Best answer

Data from a table not refreshing for a trigger

• 30 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I made a Zap that will send a series of emails for new leads created in a table (I tried Google Sheets and Zapier Tables), I have a column titles “Active” and it can be Yes/No.

The Zap has Delays steps and a filter to continue only if the value in the Active column equals Yes.

My problem is that if I change it to No once it started it wont refresh the data so the filter keeps seeing Yes and not updating.

How can I force my Zap to refresh the data from the table before checking if the Only Continue Filter value is Yes/No? or is there a better way to do this?

Hi @simonr 

Good question.

You need to add a Find step after each Delay step to get the current data for the record.

@troy

I’m not finding that this is true. My zap “Finds” the record again and just adds the old data back in that initially kicked off the step. This makes me think that Zapier isn’t refreshing properly on its end. 

For context I am searching for a project status in ServiceTitan using a filter, if the project status is still null, there’s a 30 minute delay and then a “Search” action that finds the project again, then filters for a status again, but the status is still null. I’ve confirmed with several records that the status is set correctly both in the UI and shows up properly in the ServiceTitan database, but is not reflecting in the Zap even after running a search. 

Is this a bug? Is there perhaps an action that “force refreshes” the data? 

Thanks!

Hi there @jeremyleediaz,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!