Question

Data Facebook express forms not comming through to CRM

• 8 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I have set up several Facebook ads, with express lead forms attached to them. I have connected these with a Zap, so that when someone fills in the leadform, an outbound e-mail is send to our CRM. I have set the data, like e-mail and phonenr to be included in the body of the e-mail in Zapier, as illustrated in this image.

However, when a lead is send, this data is not send through to our CRM, as shown in the other image… I have tried several field, several different setups, but nothing seems to work. It does seem to work however, when I test it from within Zapier. When tested from Facebook, or with an actual lead, it doesn't work..

Anybody have a sollution to this? Our campaigns are live and this is very frustrating. Would really appreciate help, thanx.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Arko Dieden, thanks for joining the Community here! 🙂

It looks as though the default test record has been selected from the Facebook Lead Ads trigger. The default test record may contain fields that don’t match the exact fields that are on your Facebook Lead Ads form.

To fix this, you’ll want to pull in a new test record from Facebook using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool. Then reselect the fields from the new test record, which should now match the fields on your Facebook Lead Ads form. See: The sample lead in my Zap doesn't have the custom fields from my form

Can you give that a try and let us know how you get on?

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your response! Very nice to recieve some help. However, I tried using different test records already, made new test in Facebook lead testing tool and tested several set-ups… No difference however.. There was also un updat of the facebook lead ads App, but the update also did nothing. I am still finding it strange that it DOES seem to work when I send a test from within Zappier. using the test tool, or getting an actual lead gives me leads without the correct data however :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Arko Dieden,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Could you do the following please:

1. Edit your Zap
  2. Hit Find new records
  3. Select a new sample which should reflect the fields from your form
  4. Check and update the selected fields in your action

Once that is done you will need to hit publish and then if you like you can test that using the Facebook testing tool here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.