Skip to main content

Hello,

The purpose of this Zap is to compile all the google calendar events happening the following day into a digest, and then release that digest on 5:00 PM of the current day and send it in a slack message.

The problem is that the digest is including events not just of the following day, but very previous day going back at least 14 days. So the daily slack message says that google calendar events from two weeks ago are happening tomorrow. I think that what might be happening is that either it is appending entries from the last two weeks into the digest, or the old entries of the digest are not going away when it releases, and are getting carried forward to the next digest.

Help would be appreciated!

Hi there @IHREPM,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the issue you’re running into is a known bug with the Digest by Zapier app where Digest is not clearing after releasing. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

@ken.a is it still not functioning? i have a digest set to release after a threshold of squarespace form submissions is reached, and something is failing along the way. I tried adding a release digest step to manually release it, before the final step which runs JS code through Notion to format and add multiple database entries from the digest. It works when I test it, but not when actual submissions come through. I have another zap which achieves the same thing manually (and works fine), but we get a lot of form submissions and will soon hit our 5k monthly limit, only a week into our billing period.

It’s quite important that we can reduce task usage while integrating squarespace with notion. At this point, we’re considering other automation tools if we aren’t able to get this to work. 

Hi @www-admin, I’m so sorry we missed your message here previously! 

The bug is still unresolved so we’ve added you to the list of affected users. We can’t give any sort of timeline on when you can expect a fix but we’ll send an email notification to you once it is. I’m not sure whether you’re referring to increased task usage due to adding a Release Digest action? If so, that shouldn’t be the case as Digest actions do not count towards your task usage. See: What does not count toward task usage? for more details.

In the meantime, there has been a potential workaround shared on the bug report which I wanted to surface here:

Workaround seems to be if you use a manual release frequency and then use a release digest action in a separate Zap, it seems to start clearing again. For example:

1. We’re going to split this Zap into two separate Zaps.
    1. Make a duplicate of this Zap.
    2. Zap 1 will be the original Zap that sends information into the digest.
    3. We will modify the Digest step's frequency setting to "Manual (pair with separate 'Release Digest' Zap)"
    4. Delete the step that uses the collected digest information.
    5. Publish the changes.
  2. Zap 2 will be the duplicate Zap.
    1. Change the trigger to Schedule by Zapier.
    2. Set the schedule to when you want to release the digest, for example Daily at 9am.
    3. Change the step that previously added to a digest to be a Release Existing Digest action.
    4. Select the relevant Digest.
    5. Test this step.
    6. Check any steps that use the digest as the output from the digest step might need to be remapped.
    7. Test any steps that use the compiled digest to check they work as expected.
    8. Publish the Zap by pressing the button in the top right.

If you give that a try and it works for you please let us know! 🙂