Skip to main content

I am writing Zaps to pass new learner data from Learnworlds to Dynamics 365 CRM. On the surface, this is proving super easy, with simple selections of triggers and actions from both systems. Happy days.

However, in some cases, usually where the entity I am selecting to lookup a value or create a record in is a custom entity, the CRM entity reference or field reference that Zap is automatically using in the code  is incorrect. The troubleshooter is pretty clear about where the problem is and what it should be, and it’s seems perfectly logical.  However this syntax is created by the Zap when I select the entity from the list, and not by me, and I can’t see any way to change it. 

E.g. in this example, I chose to the create custom entity option, and selected Purchased Products from the list of custom entities. Perfect…. but when I test the step, it cannot find the entity. The troubleshooter tells me this:

In your input data, the entity field is set to "sb_purchasedproducts,sb_purchasedproductses,sb_purchasedproductsid", which seems to be a concatenation of multiple entity names. This is likely causing the issue.

To resolve this, ensure that the entity field contains only the correct singular entity name. For example, if the entity you are trying to create is sb_purchasedproducts, then the entity field should be "sb_purchasedproducts"

So I know what needs to happen, but there just doesn’t seem to be any way to change  "sb_purchasedproducts,sb_purchasedproductses,sb_purchasedproductsid"  to sb_purchasedproductsid in the data out message. 

To be clear, other steps such as finding, creating Contacts and Activity records are all performing beautifully, so we know the connections are all set up and working as expected.

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks,

Jen (Zap newbie)

Hi @Jen C 

You may want to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help