Question

Customer support sucks

Userlevel 1
Badge

This company used to be awesome. Now the support tickets go into a black hole and errors can’t be fixed. So much wasted time on this platform. Meanwhile Make.com and n8n work just fine and have much better support. 

I have so much technical debt with Zapier it’s close to vendor lock in. But I can’t get things to work in a timely manner so it’s a giant waste. I’m slowing moving everything over to n8n and Make.

Can’t wait to be done with this frustration!

Fix your product! And support the people paying for it for years! How hard is that? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thereverend 

Have you tried asking your question here in the Zapier Community for possible help?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep I have. A few times. Crickets.

Zapier should provide support and not make us dig around on forums for answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thereverend 

Looks like your topic was posted less than 1 hour ago. (at the time of this reply)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes for that particular issue. This is not the first time. Plus I posted it out of frustration from lack of response to support tickets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thereverend 

Zapier Customer Support options per plan are listed here:

https://zapier.com/l/support

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For others reading this, the user was able to get their Zap configuration issue resolved quickly (~1 hour) from time of post with the help of the Zapier Community.

Userlevel 1
Badge

For others reading this, the user was able to get their Zap configuration issue resolved quickly (~1 hour) with the help of the Zapier Community.

No it was not 1 hour. This is false.

I was 2 days of digging around forums, Reddit, etc and finding no answer. Then waiting for a response to support ticket, which never happened.

Out of frustration I finally posted here and the Troy helped. My point is Zapier is a big company and we pay premuim prices for automation. But their company support SUCKS.

I had to waste 2 days of time for a simple issue that in the past would have been resolved by support team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For others reading…

There was an available help article for the user to reference related to their issue with dynamic values in dropdown fields:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Zapier Community related topics for “Discord Role” that may provide guidance (some existing solved topics addressed the solution for the same issue): https://community.zapier.com/search?q=discord%20role&content_type%5B0%5D=question&content_type%5B1%5D=discussion

Zap Apps: Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developers using the Zapier Developer platform.

Zapier Support response times depend on your Zapier plan as outlined here: https://zapier.com/l/support

RESOURCES

*Reddit is not an official Zapier resource to seek support.

Userlevel 1
Badge

For others reading, I never got a response to support ticket. And this is at least the third time this has happened. I didn’t just jump straight to saying the support sucks, I’ve experienced it a lot.

Just look on Reddit. Lots of people with the same experiences as me.

Look at this recent post as well:

Fix your support Zapier. You’re pissing off paying customers, enough that we are willing to take the time to completely rebuild automations on competitors platforms like Make.com and n8n.io.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thereverend 

A Zapier Rep will be able to reply with info about your submitted Support requests and how those were handled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @thereverend, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I’m so sorry about the long wait time on the Support team’s end. As Troy referenced previously the response times for Support vary depending on the plan you’re on, but I do want to also highlight that the times stated in the Support options for every budget table aren’t a service-level guarantee and can vary depending on current ticket volumes and the complexity of the request itself:

2f8c65b7b3e259410b7acc70256e606c.pngThe Support team are working hard to respond to everyone who writes in as quickly as possible and while there are currently high support ticket volumes that’s unfortunately causing delays in responding as quickly as we’d like. I’ve shared your feedback here with the relevant teams so we can work on improving your experience when reaching out to the Support team in future.

I’m really glad you were since able to get the issue with that Discord “Class constructor AppError cannot be invoked without 'new'” error resolved with Troy’s help. Big thank you to @Troy Tessalone for assisting so quickly on that! 🙌

Since the issue you were hoping to get resolved by the Support team has already been answered in another Community thread I’m going to close this topic now. If you run into any further trouble with your Zaps please start a new topic in the Community with details of the issue and we’ll be happy to help!