Best answer

Custom Acton Discord "Unhandled variable found in the domain filter `{{process.env.BASE_URL}}`."

Hey guys
Been trying to use the last custom action feature to create a zap where “when a message is posted into X channel, automatically create a thread message linked to it”
Here it what it looks like : 

But when I try to use it in my zap, i get the message

Unhandled variable found in the domain filter `{{process.env.BASE_URL}}`

Which I don’t understand :( I’m unfortunately no developper my knowledge stops here.

Can you help me figure out what is happening?

Here is what the zap looks like; the first 2 steps are working fine, it’s when I add the last one (the custom action) that I get the error : 

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 March 2024, 00:40

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Israphil. Welcome to the Community! 👋

I can see that you also reached out to our Support team about this and they’ve opened up a bug report for that unexpected error. We can’t give any estimates as to when it will be resolved by but we’ll definitely send you an email notification as soon as it is. 

In the meantime perhaps you could try the approach outlined in this Community post to create the message thread:

I’ve not tested that method for creating message threads but hopefully it will work for the Start Thread from Message endpoint too. 🤞

If you do give that a try and get it working please let us know, would love to have confirmation on whether that workaround does the trick!

Hi there @Israphil. Welcome to the Community! 👋

I can see that you also reached out to our Support team about this and they’ve opened up a bug report for that unexpected error. We can’t give any estimates as to when it will be resolved by but we’ll definitely send you an email notification as soon as it is. 

In the meantime perhaps you could try the approach outlined in this Community post to create the message thread:

I’ve not tested that method for creating message threads but hopefully it will work for the Start Thread from Message endpoint too. 🤞

If you do give that a try and get it working please let us know, would love to have confirmation on whether that workaround does the trick!

Hello i got the same error, is the bug corrected ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Wallace,

I have added you to the bug report as another affected member. While we can’t provide an ETA for the bug’s fix. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi @Wallace,

I have added you to the bug report as another affected member. While we can’t provide an ETA for the bug’s fix. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

Hi @ken.a,

I’m also running into the same issue. Can I also be kept in the email loop?

Thanks!

Hi @Wallace,

Hi, @ken.a,

I’m also having the same issue trying to create a discord channel, can you please keep me in the loop if there’s a fix?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @collegiate and @ElijahJunaid,

I have added you both to the open bug report. We will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

I’m running into the same issue trying to setup a Discord request to fetch messages. Please let me know when fixed

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @solaris,

I have added you to the open bug report as another affected member. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I am also running into the same issue trying to make a request to create discord threads, can you please also keep me in the loop if there’s a fix? @ken.a 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @chrisjanusa,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

I have added you to the bug report as another affected member. We will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.