Question

Cross-referencing new leads in monday.com boards with Google Sheets for duplicates.

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi All!

I need some help with something I would assume is pretty basic. I have found one app that can do what I need but the cost of it per month is so expensive, I don’t think it is worth it. 

We receive leads from multiple sources straight into Monday Board 1, we then allocate those leads out to different companies by duplicating and linking the line item into the allocated companies board. We then file the allocated leads into Board 2.

We have thousands of leads in Board 2 and need a way to cross reference these leads with the new leads we are receiving to check they are not an existing lead and we allocate it to a different company. It’s quite a crucial step and I'm surprised it isn’t a basic function.

I was thinking of creating a Zap that every time a line item is created into Board 2 that line item is also created in a Google Sheet.

Then Every time a new lead comes into Board 1 it searches the Google sheet by Name and Number and if there is a match it changes a status column in Board 1 to “Duplicate”

Please help!!

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TCarrington 

Can you please clarify what your question is?

Hi Troy, the question is can it be done and how do I do it.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TCarrington

Did you try configuring your solution?

I was thinking of creating a Zap that every time a line item is created into Board 2 that line item is also created in a Google Sheet.

Then Every time a new lead comes into Board 1 it searches the Google sheet by Name and Number and if there is a match it changes a status column in Board 1 to “Duplicate”

Perhaps try asking AI for help outlining your Zap steps: https://zapier.com/app/dashboard

You can use these Zap steps:

ZAP 1

ZAP 2

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

It sounds like it could be done, either with Google Sheets, Zapier Tables, or another storage solution