Question

Creating multiple triggers in one zap

• 20 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I am currently creating a Zap to send project status information between Moxo and Monday.com. Within my flow there are 7 ‘Acknowledgement’ steps that I want to use as trigger to send data between to two platforms. 

My first trigger is the ‘Kick off started’ ‘Acknowledgment’ being pressed within Moxo. The status and date of the kick-off is then send to Monday.com where a table is updated. 

When I create my first trigger is get the below option, ‘Flow button clicked’ which allows me to configure the Trigger. 

I then need to create a second Trigger, below step 3 in the above image, which is ‘Kick- off completed’ which is also an ‘Acknowledgment’ step in Moxo. However, when I come to create the second trigger I see the below ‘Event (required)’ options. None which allow me to put a second Trigger in the flow. 

Do I need to create a new Zap file for each of the ‘Acknowledgment’ steps that I want to set a Trigger on or can I do it within the same flow? 

Thanks. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Aliceoona 

Zap app triggers can only be used in step 1 of a Zap.

Zap app actions can only be used in step 2+ of a Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Aliceoona! 🎉

Troy is correct a Zap can only have one trigger. A trigger is an event that starts a Zap, and an action is an event a Zap performs. To trigger from the “Kick-off completed” acknowledgment you’d need to create another Zap to specifically trigger when that button is pressed in Moxo. Then you’d add any necessary actions that have to occur once the Kick-off is completed in that Zap.

So the entire workflow would be split across two Zaps. One Zap to carry out actions when a kick-off starts. And second Zap to carry out any necessary actions when a kick-off is completed. 

Hope that helps to clarify. If you have any further questions or if you run into any further trouble in setting up those Zaps just let us know, happy to help further! 🙂