Skip to main content

I have two classes that are the same price. So when a person pays, they should be getting the zoom information for one but instead they’re getting the information for both classes

I have done new payment with a trigger event being checked out session. Completed

I have done a filter for metadata that I made as well as the pay link Id that begins with plink

It still says this filter step will always run

at this point, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong full disclaimer. I’m completely self-taught. I figured out how to do a single step automation and I was hoping to do the same with a multi step. 

Hi @CSSI 

The Filter step warning indicates the Filter step will always run, because you have the same dynamic variable mapped for both input fields.

The bottom/right input field should be a static value.

Help for Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

@Troy Tessalone 

So what would I need to have in the second box to make it move?

I actually seen the article you posted that’s what got me this far lol

@CSSI

Set a static value for what you are trying to filter the dynamic variable against.

e.g. [var] contains XYZ

If the value of the variable represented by [var] can by ABC or XYZ, then it will only pass when [var] has a value of XYZ, not when [var] has a value of ABC.

Thank you I changed the box to doesn’t contain and put the plink of the 2nd class I got a green box but it is still sending both information for classes

@CSSI 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

@CSSI

Help links for how to take screenshots on a device: https://www.google.com/search?q=how to take screenshots

@Troy Tessalone 

@Troy Tessalone 

@CSSI 

You need to adjust the filter conditions to be AND instead of OR.

Renamed my new version Thanks @Troy Tessalone!!!!! 

That’s awesome @CSSI! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗