I am trying to simply send a file by email via Zendesk, which is the main customer communication channel we’re using.
Since Zendesk tickets are basically emails, I just want to send an email with attachment.
However, the Create Ticket in Zendesk action doesn’t allow to attach a file.
It looks like I have to 1. create the ticket, and 2. add the attachment to an existing ticket:
With that logic:
- Either I create a ticket (first comment public) with some content, and then use attach file to ticket (with text/a comment).
- In that case, the customer receives 2 consecutive emails -- bad
- or I Create the ticket with a first private comment (~ an internal note in Zendesk), and then try to Add file as attachment
- in that case the customer doesn’t receive any email -- worse
- the Attach File to Ticket step keeps the private mode and doesn’t allow to change it, so the ticket exists with 2 private comments, the initial one and the second one + attachment
- I also tried the Updating an existing Zendesk ticket or Adding Comment to Zendesk ticket actions, where I can select an existing ticket and specifically make further comments public
- but again (like in the Create a ticket step), no option to attach a file in these action steps
Given that the Create/Update Zendesk ticket action doesn’t have a file/attachment field, I have tried adding my attachment to the Description field.
And I have tried using all possible file references (thinking maybe by a trick of the API a downloadable file link would result in an attachment), e.g.:
If anyone knows a solution for that, that’d be awesome!
I’ll also take a workaround, if it provides the desired results at the cost of 1 or 2 extra steps… xD
And I’d also be keen on understanding why it’s not an existing feature -- sending a file by email via a CRM tool doesn’t seem like an far-fetched use case.
Lots of thanks in advance!!
Best answer by christina.dView original