Question

Create subfolders in Google Drive based on Scoro Client ID

• 19 February 2024
  • 14 replies

I am struggling to create a a subfolder in Google Shared Drive for a Scoro project. 

The steps I want to achieve are: 

• When a Scoro project is created within the specified Google Drive find the parent folder 
  • Once the parent folder has been found find a Google Drive subfolder. If the subfolder can’t be found create it. If it has been found treat it as successful. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @soundswitch 

To help us have full context post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Hi Troy 

Thank you for the assist. 

kind regards,

Mike 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@soundswitch 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have full context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@soundswitch 

Parent Folder expects the GDrive Parent Folder ID.

What would I have to do to get this to create new sub-folder within a specified folder. 

Additionally, how to I create a filter that can identify with a parent folder exists. 

• If the parent folder exists then create the subfolder 
  • If the parent folder does not exist create the parent folder and the subfolder with the correct naming attributes. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @soundswitch 

The Zap step logic is already configured like this:

• GDrive - Find/Create Folder (Parent)
    • This step will return an ID of the Folder
  • GDrive - Create Folder (Sub)
    • Map the returned ID of the Folder from the previous step

Hi Troy, 

I’m not a pro when it comes to Zapier. 

How do I map an ID? 

Kind regards,

Mike 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@soundswitch 

Same concept as is shown in your screenshots, just need to map the ID returned from the GDrive step for the Parent Folder.

I tried this and got an error back. It could find or create the folder. I have also tried with just creating the folder and it didn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@soundswitch 

Try selecting a Parent Folder form the dropdown list.

Check the field description for guidance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@soundswitch 

fyi...help article about using dynamic variables in dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps