Question

Create a matter with resposable attorney in Clio, automatically zap a predifined task, Assignee keeps being me.

• 12 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Im trying to automate the creation of a task list into a newly create Matter.

It works, but is not assigning it automatically to the assignee (Responsible Attorney),

I have connected my Clio account to Zapier, and no matter what I try is always me the Assignee…

What can be the problem.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @j1358! 👋

That’s very strange. Did you manually type in the ID into the Responsible Attorney ID# field? Or are you using a Clio search action like the Find User or Contact by Custom Field action to supply the ID for the attorney?

It doesn’t look like that Responsible Attorney ID# field is a dropdown field with a set of available options, which is what I’d usually expect to see for that sort of field. So I’m wondering whether that means that it’s not running any validation to see if the ID is valid. If that’s the case, and the ID that were supplied is incorrect then that could explain why the matter was created but the correct attorney wasn’t added. As presumably it’ll default to use the ID of the connected user account. Do you think that could be the case here?

Look forward to hearing from your thoughts on this! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB

Everything is supposed to be…

I live in Europe…. but I dont think it has something to do with or??

Thanks for your help.

best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @j1358,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a 

Hi, thanks for taking a look….

like I showed on the screenshots before…. the process works, is just that the assigned lawyer its always me

best regareds

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @j1358,

Thanks for the screenshots!

I think the “Create Task in Clio” action would be the best fit to your workflow. The “Create Task” will allow you to assign a task to an assignee. Like so:

4f2792622c2ba0dca6e751ae088f9cb0.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a 

Thanks for the answer.

Our situation requires this particular task template list, as Clio in  Europe does not have any sort of a way to set a court ruling, hence the custom task.

Thanks again…. and will keep searching

best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @j1358,

Thanks for letting us know.

By any chance, have you attempted removing the mapped ID in the "Notify Assignee" field? This field is designed to receive boolean values (true or false). Could you please try removing the ID and setting the field to "True"?

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to add the ability to have an assignee in the "Assign Task Template List".

Thanks! 😊