Skip to main content
Question

Could Someone Guide Me on Automating Client Onboarding Workflow Using Zapier?

• 22 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone🤗

I am working on optimizing my client enrollment process; and I am trying to use zapier to automate as much as acceptable. I run a small digital marketing organization; therefore efficiency is essential for me; as my client base develops. I would love to hear your opinions on how to best set this up; and if there's anything I'm missing that could make the process go more smoothly.

I currently receive early inquiries on my website using a type form form. When a potential client completes the form; the responses are delivered to my email address; and I manually upload them to a google sheet where I manage leads.

• After adding a lead into the google sheet; I send them an email with a calendly link to book a consultation. This back and forth can be time consuming; therefore I would like to find a way to send this email automatically whenever a new lead is added to the spreadsheet.
  • After the consultation; if the client wishes to move forward; I give them a contract using panda doc. right now; I am manually creating the contract; which includes client specific information. I am curious whether there a method to automatically populate these pages with data from my google sheets and CRM.
  • After the contract has been agreed upon; I manually build the project in trell; allocate tasks to my team; and create a shared google drive folder for the client. This process is both laborious and susceptible to human error; therefore I would prefer to automate it if possible.
  • Once the project is set up; I submit an invoice using quick books online. If there was a method to automate invoice creation and send reminders based on project milestones and due dates; it would save a lot of time.

I have put up several simple zaps in the past; such as moving type form entries to google sheets and sending emails through gmail, but I am not sure how to link all of these stages in an expanded workflow.

• How to activate different actions based on particular circumstances for example; sending different emails depending on the conclusion of the consultation.
  • Best practices for integrating many tools; including type form; google sheets: trello; panda doc; and quick books.
  • Managing and tracking client data across many platforms without duplicating and losing it.

Also I explored some topics related to this https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/seeking-advice-automating-csv-file-transformation-salesforceadministrator-and-api-integration-with-zapier-42205 but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person

Has anyone worked on a comparable project before? If so; I would love to hear how you conducted it, what creating zap you used, and any advice and problems to avoid., if there are any alternative tools and connections that could make this process easier,😍 I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your efforts😊

Hi @Tiana85 

I can really get your point spending a lot of time on manually doing these tasks. 

And it would be a lot of time saver for you.

Automation strategy is where you are missing right now.

You need to use something like Airtable or Smartsuite as your database that are similar to sheets and you can use them as a CRM. This way you can trigger automations based on stages like Enquired, Closed, Send Contract, Contract Signed, etc 

So here is quick onboarding automation strategy based on the information that you have shared if you are not open to change the sheets, 

1. Build a Zap that triggers when a New Typeform Submission is received, transfers responses data into Sheet. In the same zap, add another action send an email via gmail app inside Zapier with a Calendly Link in the email content ( I recommend using Email Marketing tools)
  2. CRM is necessary to trigger automations for various stages. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on it just use any of the database tools that I shared above.
  3. Once you have the deal stages ready, you just need to change their stage like Send Contract, you can have a zap that creates a PandaDoc document from your existing template and then send it to them via gmail app inside Zapier
  4. Build another zap that gets triggered when contract signed, changing the deal stage in the CRM and then create trello board or drive folder or send an invoice through quickbooks.

So the missing piece that can combine all your automations together is a CRM that you can use and will be the central source of trigger for all the above processes that you have in your business