Best answer

Correct minute-to-hour conversion not reflecting in Google Sheets.

• 10 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi guys,

I want to convert tracked minutes to hours. Very simple, in theory...

To do this, I have created a "Formatter by Zapier" step. 
Event = Numbers
Transform = Perform Math Operation
Operation = Divide

As input I defined an existing output that tracks the total number of minutes (in this example: "350") and as second input "60".

When I test the trigger, the output is 5.833333333333333 (the correct value).

The goal is to send this data/value to a google spreadsheet. But when I do a final test with “Send Spreadsheet Row to Google Sheets”, then I get the value "5.833.333.333.330". And I just don't know why. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 October 2023, 17:01

View original

6 replies

Some pictures

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sonicboom 

Good question.

The issue is likely due to how the GSheet column is formatted.

This can happen for international number formats.

@Troy Tessalone Thank you, Troy! 

I was looking for the error in Zapier all the time, not in Google Sheets. After some formatting in Google Sheets, the correct values are now displayed. Thanks for the hint! You’re amazing! 🤘

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sonicboom 

Another option is to use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has standardized field types: https://support.airtable.com/docs/supported-field-types-in-airtable-overview

@Sonicboom

Another option is to use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has standardized field types: https://support.airtable.com/docs/supported-field-types-in-airtable-overview

Thanks Troy! I want to visualize the data in Looker Studio. That's why I prefer to use GSheets, because it's much more convenient to connect the data with Looker Studio. Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Sonicboom! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗