Best answer

Copper triggering Zap updates multiple times

• 19 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey all, we’ve had multiple Copper <> Zapier integrations running for a couple of years now without fault. However in the past couple of months, one of our Zaps has started firing like crazy, causing us to go over our Zap task limit incredibly quickly.

The Zap currently fires whenever an Opportunity is updated, and goes through 10 steps to update a similar database in Smartsheet. Whenever a small change is made to the Opportunity (such as stage or revenue change), it is firing Zapier at least 5 times, sometimes 15+, each a couple of seconds apart. I’ve looked through but can’t work out why this is happening — the Copper information is identical from what I can see each time.

Any help?

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 20 February 2023, 02:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jameshutchinson 

The trigger is supposed to trigger everytime something is changed in opportunity. However, it shouldn’t run several times for a single update unless their is additional fields updated by other automation. You should contact Copper support for this issue, it is called Webhook.

You can also try adding filter after the trigger, that will help you consume less tasks. Also check if you can use one of these triggers instead of update opportunity trigger:

Hi @jameshutchinson 

The trigger is supposed to trigger everytime something is changed in opportunity. However, it shouldn’t run several times for a single update unless their is additional fields updated by other automation. You should contact Copper support for this issue, it is called Webhook.

You can also try adding filter after the trigger, that will help you consume less tasks. Also check if you can use one of these triggers instead of update opportunity trigger:

Cheers, I’ve changed the trigger to Opportunity Stage, and will test to see if that reduces the triggers first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @jameshutchinson! 👋

I just wanted to pop in here to check how you’re getting on with that Updated Opportunity Stage trigger? Has it helped to prevent the Zap from triggering too much? Keen to make sure you’re all set here!