Question

Trouble in setting up Gmail draft email with Copper.

• 2 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all - I am trying to set up an automated task in Copper which triggers a Zap in Zapier. Essentially, I have set up a workflow automation in Copper so that when I have not heard from someone in 20 days I have a new task to email that person (which I am trying to set up in Zapier). Ideally I would like my Zap to create a new draft email which is a response to my latest email with the respective person. I have spent hours trying to figure this out ( which I feel should be simple) however I am continually having errors and no luck. I would greatly appreciate any help. I believe my issue may be related to the To function and the Search String function. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rachel Korn 

Good question.

To help give us more context about your Zap please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you! See screenshots above. I believe the root of the problem is in the to function and search string.  I believe in the to function I should have the option to search for the primary contact in copper but I am not able to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rachel Korn 

FYI: The Filter conditions are configured in a way that the Filter step will always evaluate to TRUE and pass teh filter step.

That’s because the left side (dynamic value) is being compared to itself on the right side.

You’ll want to use a static value on the right side.

Got it - I am trying to set up the filter so that the only new task  that filters the trigger is the broker monthly check in task. Do you know how to set this up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rachel Korn 

On the right side of the Filter condition try typing in the static value: Broker Monthly Check In