Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a consumer portal in the German media market and looking to automate the production of news content as much as possible. I need help setting up an automated workflow in Zapier. Here’s what I’m aiming to achieve:

1. Time-based Trigger: The workflow should run daily at 9 AM, 1 PM, and 5 PM.

2. Content Source: Relevant content should be collected either through an RSS feed or, alternatively, via scraping.

3. Content Selection: The collected text should be filtered based on specific keywords (e.g., "supermarket," "recall," "Aldi," "Lidl"). The content should focus on topics with high traffic potential on Google (e.g., Google Discover) and social media. It should cover trending and relevant news topics that are often searched for by consumers.

4. ChatGPT: The text should be sent to ChatGPT, where it will be processed using a prompt (including generating an article image).

5. WordPress: The processed text should be saved as a draft post in WordPress.

6. Telegram Notification: I would like to receive a Telegram notification once the draft is ready.

Steps and Apps/APIs I believe are needed:

• Schedule by Zapier: For the time-based trigger.
  • RSS by Zapier or a Web scraping tool (e.g., Scraptio): To gather the content from the relevant sources.
  • Filter by Zapier: To ensure only content with the specified keywords is processed.
  • OpenAI (ChatGPT): For content rewriting and generating an article image.
  • WordPress: To create the draft post.
  • Telegram: To send the notification once the post is ready.

If anyone has experience with setting up such workflows or can recommend specific tools or integrations, I’d greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Hi @Acecreator,

Welcome to the Community. Here is a general idea for your Zap. 

To automate news content production using Zapier and other tools, Schedule daily triggers with “Schedule by Zapier.” Use “RSS by Zapier” or a web scraping tool like ParseHub to gather data. Add a filter step to continue only if the text contains desired keywords. Use “Webhooks by Zapier” to send filtered text to ChatGPT via a POST request. Create a new draft post in WordPress with the processed text. Finally, set up a Telegram step to notify you when a new draft is created. Test each step and review posts before publishing to ensure quality.