Best answer

Contacts being overwritten in Klaviyo

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I've set up a Zapier trigger to add a contact from GetTimely when they are added (that filters out contacts that don't enter their email) Klaviyo. But the contact is being overwritten when someone else is entered. I watched my contact information be replaced by someone else information in front of my eyes.

This is the zap i’ve set up

This is what the Klaviyo representative sent that they receive on there end.

Any ideas our example of what the Zap should like?

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 14:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Eyebrow Ink Styling! 🎉

Yikes! That doesn’t seem like the correct behaviour here at all. Hmm, looking at what is being sent to Klaviyo all the ID numbers are exactly the same which may explain why the same subscriber is being overwritten every time the Zap runs.

Can you please share a screenshot showing all the fields and settings selected on the Action section of the Add Subscriber (Klaviyo) action? I’d like to double-check the set up to see if there’s anything there which might be causing the ID’s to be the same. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Eyebrow Ink Styling! 🎉

Yikes! That doesn’t seem like the correct behaviour here at all. Hmm, looking at what is being sent to Klaviyo all the ID numbers are exactly the same which may explain why the same subscriber is being overwritten every time the Zap runs.

Can you please share a screenshot showing all the fields and settings selected on the Action section of the Add Subscriber (Klaviyo) action? I’d like to double-check the set up to see if there’s anything there which might be causing the ID’s to be the same. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yes this was exactly what was happening the Unique ID was using the same number instead of GetTimely Unique ID, all working now THANK YOU

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🎉YAY!🎉 That’s brilliant news @Eyebrow Ink Styling! I’m so pleased that changing the ID did the trick. 

Seems like you’re all set for now but please do reach back out in Community again if you ever need help, we’re always happy to assist! 😁