Best answer

Contact fields not sending correct information to HubSpot

• 3 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am new to both HubSpot and Zapier.  I’m on the free versions of both.

I’m having issues with my simple Zap, to send contact information from an order form to HubSpot.  Everything seems to be set up correctly; however, instead of the address, city, state, and zip pulling in with the correct information, only the word “string” imports to HubSpot. See pic below.

Any suggestions on how to fix this/where the issue lies?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 October 2023, 18:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Spectrumnrg 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for lending a hand Troy and forgive me if I’m not providing the right information.  

The event is when a new order is placed.  The account links to Calconic account. The trigger is specific to my calculator,  The Test includes these fields that are not pulling in correctly.  See below:

Create a Contact in HubSpot is the action.  Here are the fields I have mapped, if that’s the correct term here.  Instead of the zip code, state, etc. pulling in, only the word “string does”.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Spectrumnrg 

Looks like you have the Field “Label” variable mapped.

Instead, try changing to map the Field “Value” variable.

Userlevel 1

That did the trick!  Very thankful for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! 🎉 Thanks for hopping back in here to confirm that worked, @Spectrumnrg. And thanks for helping out here @Troy Tessalone! 🙌 

Seems like you’re all set for now but please do reach out in the Community again if you need help - we’re always around and eager to assist! 🤗