Best answer

Constant Contact Error: "Invalid ID. Acceptable formats are positive longs or UUIDs

When I run an UPDATE CONSTANT CONTACT Zap, I get this error: The app returned "Invalid ID. Acceptable formats are positive longs or UUIDs".

What could be the problem?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 April 2022, 23:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NDWM 

Good question.

Seems like you may have the wrong variable mapped for the expected ID value.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

@Troy Tessalone I test by entering text/number without passing, but I am still not getting it work. 

Are you able to run an update zap to Constant Contact?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NDWM

CC expects the internal Contact ID from Constant Contact not the email address (as you are currently passing), which you be understood by the 123 value next to the Contact field label.

Try adding a CC Find Contact (by email) step first then map the returned CC Contact ID to the CC Update Contact step.

Thanks.

@Troy Tessalone however, I am getting this error now:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NDWM 

Perhaps this is why…

I'm getting an error saying "You don't have permission to perform this action"

Constant Contact requires your account to have the Account Manager role in order to be able to add or edit Contacts via their API.
Learn more here by looking at the Constant Contact help guide for this setting.

Didn’t work

@Troy Tessalone How abt this error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NDWM 

Please post full detailed screenshots in order for us to have proper context about how your Zap step is configured, thanks.

@Troy Tessalone your thoughts please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NDWM 

Check if the CC Contact ID is already added to that CC List.

It is not, but it is another list on the same CC account. 

What I have noticed is, if you have contact in another list, and you are still importing to a new list, it says contact already exist.

@Troy Tessalone 

@Troy Tessalone  Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NDWM 

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help