Best answer

Connecting Zapier to Ubuntu Apache Mysql server - SSL errors using Godaddy SSL Certificate

• 8 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m trying to Connect Zapier to my Mysql database hosted on an Ubuntu server with a LAMP stack. My SSL certificate is from Godaddy. It looks like I have all the right files - SSL Client Certificate, SSL Private Key, SSL CA Bundle - but I am still getting certificate errors. My URL is https://hopedata.ca and I’ve done the Qualys labs test and I get a B overall rating. Any ideas what I could be missing? As far as I could tell, the SSL Client Certificate and SSL CA Bundle came from Godaddy, and the SSL Private Key came from my server - it is the apache2ssl.key file. These are the three files as they are listed in my default.conf file
SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/SSL/cert/ce531f28030cd4fe.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/SSL/private/apache2ssl.key
    SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/apache2/SSL/cert/gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt
Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by sento.group 11 September 2023, 06:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I had a very similar problem.

While I'm not certain this will be helpful for you, I can share how I addressed the issue.I only filled out the 'SSL Private Key' field and left the 'SSL Client Certificate' and 'SSL CA Bundle' fields empty.

I obtained my SSL certificate from Zero SSL.The configuration likely depends on the certificate authority.

https://app.zerossl.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sento.group,

Thank you for sharing your solution on this issue. Additionally, it looks like the screenshot you’ve shared didn’t come through. Could you please resend them again so that @Andrew Reid can take a look?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much, @sento.group. Your solution worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! 😁🎉 That’s great news, @Andrew Reid. Really appreciate you popping back in here to confirm that the solution @sento.group suggested worked! 

Seems like you’re all set for now but please do reach back out in Community if you need help with anything else Zap-related. The Community is always here and happy to assist! 🤗