Best answer

Failed to create a contact tag in ActiveCampaign: The app returned "Contact not found"

• 23 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to connect an optin form from Flodesk with a trigger tag on ActiveCampaign that starts an automation. When I go to test the zap it says “Contact not found”. The contact is active in the segment on Flodesk so I’m not sure where the error is coming from?

icon

Best answer by npanethere 13 April 2023, 15:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @npanethere 

Good question.

We will need more context about your Zaps and the error.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.

Userlevel 1

When someone opts in on my Flodesk form they get added to a segment which is the Zap trigger. That seems to be connected fine and the contacts are found when I go to test that step. I’d like that step to Trigger an automation in ActiveCampaign by adding a trigger tag to that contact. When I go to send the test for the ActiveCampaign step I get an error message. I know the contact is in the right segment on Flodesk but I’m not sure where they’re getting lost along the way. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @npanethere 

I’m not seeing any related issues regarding your concern. Can you please turn the Zap off and then turn it back on after a minute so that the Zap will be refreshed?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @Brem  and @npanethere I am having EXACTLY the same issue with Zapier interacting with Calendly.  Once a client books an appointment with me, it is meant to add the Tag which then allows it to proceed through the automation.  Zapier keeps saying the same thing.  Contact not found in Active Campaign, even though the contact does exist as it has already moved through 1 and completed part 1 of the automation?  Please advise, as I have turned the Zap on and off again many times

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @LCD 

I’m sorry to hear your having trouble with your Zap.

Could you kindly share a screenshot of how you’ve configured your trigger step? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi @LCD, Try changing the Zap action to “Create a new contact” instead of adding a tag. Right now, the contact doesn’t exist in ActiveCampaign so that’s why they aren’t showing up. You can add the tag once you’ve got the contact created in that same step. Hope that helps!

Thanks @npanethere, that helped.. Huge thank you !! "kiss kiss