Skip to main content

Something isn’t clicking here…

I understand that looping runs in parallel, and I can see from others that I’ll need to add a delay step so that things run “in order”.

That said, when I put the “Delay After Queue” or “Delay for” step at the bottom of my loop (set to seconds) I’m getting an error that says it expects a step after my delay….Huh? Why is that? Am I misunderstanding how this works?

I’ve read the help article 4 times and it’s just not clicking. See image below:

In the second image you’ll see that it looped through 3 times, but it indeed did not honor the 5 second delay step.

Hey @Dubs24 ,

Its better to add delay action below looping by Zapier. 

Use action Delay For -> In input take index value from Looping action -> than select delay for minutes

How would I do this? I see no way to add a step outside the loop because the loop must be the last step of the Zap.

You can add a delay for action below looping by zapier action

@jayeshkumarbhatia  I moved the delay as you suggested, but something is still off. I’m testing with 3 loops, when I look at the Data Out tab of the Delay Step from the Zap Runs, I see…

Loop 1: Release time is 11:57:03

Loop 2: Release time is 11:57:04

Loop 3: Release time is 11:57:06

Hi there, @Dubs24 👋 

A minute is the minimum length of a delay that can be selected in a Delay action. So in order to set the delay to 5 seconds did you set the delay value to be 0.083333 minutes? If so, that might be why they’re not being delayed by the correct amount as looking at the help docs delays will be released instantly if the number is 0. So my guess is that it is reading 0.083333 as 0.

That said, there was a clever workaround mentioned in the Community a while back, which could potentially allow you to set a delay of less than a minute:

Can you give that approach a try and let us know if that does the trick?

Thanks @SamB 

1. I saw that limitation as well, but what’s really strange is when I run a test, the “release time” honors the decimals.
  2. I like this idea, however, it’ll mean I have to pay for this task, but I’ll get over it.
  3. All that said, holy cow, please figure out a way to support something shorter then 1 minute :)