Question

Conditional Paths not working - No values sent from Airtable

• 1 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

As there is no updates coming out, I created a new post as this is a separate issue. Conditional Paths are not working when the variant being searched is being sent from Airtable.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Buttonjer 

Perhaps you can post screenshots about how your Zap step is configured and describe a specific example to troubleshoot, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sure, here you go - using the same data as the test data to what actually happened with that data when the zap ran:

The test shows as working, now that exact same data when the zap ran:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This happens across all zaps that use conditional paths, zaps that have been working fine for the last 12+ months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Buttonjer 

Unfortunately, it looks to be related to the same known issue with Airtable Zap trigger data, and we’re at the mercy or awaiting a fix.

A possible workaround would be to reconfigure the Zaps, as such…

Make the Zap trigger a Webhook.

Use Airtable Automations to send data to a Zap Webhook per the article below.

Make Step 2 of the Zap an Airtable Find Record action.

Then map the data from Step 2 to subsequent Zap action steps.

NOTE: I suggest cloning the Zaps so you have backups for when the issue is resolved.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

By way of update on my end - I have just had two zaps go through. Which i the first time I have seen one succeed in the last 20 hours - so that is a positive. Well I am taking it as a positive step forward!

They were both using conditional paths also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Buttonjer 

Be aware there is a current incident related to Filters, which Paths use: https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list