Best answer

Cloudconvert error: "(Code: INVALID_DATA)"

• 19 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, can use some guidance here. 

I have a zap that is acting up in a weird way. Always has, and I’ve always lived with it, but now I wonder if there is anything i can do to prevent it from misbehaving. 

The zap is triggered by a record appearing in a Airtable view, generates a document in either google docs or Google Slides - so far so good. This part of the zap works 100% of the time.

The breakdown happens when the zap asks cloudconvert to convert from .docx or .odp, or whatever other format google outputs into a PDF. About 5-10% of the time, this step fails.

Error messages range from: 

CloudConvert: The given data was invalid. tasks: Task zapier-import: Invalid filename. (Code: INVALID_DATA)

When I retrigger the zap, 99/100 times it executes perfectly

I’ve added a 3 minute delay between doc generation and sending it to CloudConvert but the issue still happens, albeit less frequently. 

Thank you all for any suggestions you may have to cut back on the error rate.

Best,

David

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 January 2022, 16:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Boguslda 

FYI: GDrive returns the PDF version of GDoc/GSlide files so you may not need to use CloudConvert.

Example for a GDoc Create Doc from Template step

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy, a superstar answer as always. I don’t see that as an option for google slides output. Can you screenshot where I may find that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Boguslda 

Example for GSlides

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yup, perfection itself!

CloudConvert?

You are OUTTA here!

Thanks again @Troy Tessalone