Question

Clio error: Required field "Subscriber Email" (email) is missing.

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I have been unable to get Zapier to work with CLIO/Mailchimp on a Free account. Zapier wants me to upgrade for additional support - but why would I pay for an annual subscription on a product I cannot get to work in the first instance?

Does the Mailchimp “add subscriber” integration only work on a paid account?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @NeedHelpinCO 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your interest in Zapier.

MailChimp and Clio don’t need to have a paid Zapier account. However, a paid account with Clio is required to integrate with Zapier.

Are you going to use MailChimp as a trigger? If so, New Subscriber trigger event can be used.

No, I use New Contact in Clio as a trigger to add subscriber to Mailchimp - but I always get error: 

“Required field "Subscriber Email" (email) is missing.” 

Subcriber Email is supposed to be pulled from Clio Email Addresses.

Email addresses is the only field/option available here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @NeedHelpinCO! Thanks for reaching out in community. 

I just wanted to clarify, do you have a paid account with Clio? If not, you would need to upgrade to set this up. 🙂

Also are you able to verify the sample used in the trigger test has this field filled out in Clio?

If it doesn’t, you’ll need to either enter an email in that field, refresh the trigger, or select a sample that does have that field already filled out, and hopefully that should get us back on track! 

In the meantime, here’s a few more Clio resources that might be useful as well as some troubleshooting steps to take for refreshing samples in your trigger.

Keep us posted how this works out for you!