Question

Client email missing error, when client email isn't missing

• 15 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve got a handful of existing zaps (that have been working fine) until I went in to make a small amendment to one today.

The zaps are triggered by a Jotform submission, and the action is to create a new project in Dubsado. Today I created a new workflow in Dubsado and so wanted to create change that detail in one of my zaps - so that it would apply that workflow when the new project was created. 

But when I test the zap, I get this error message;
Failed to create a project in Dubsado
Required field "Client Email" (client__email) is missing.

The client email is not missing. I went to the jotform on my website to submit manually with a valid email address, and it still wont create a new project. 

Next I went to my other working zaps to see if there was something I could spot that I’d missed when amending the other. And when I tested those (without changing anything within) they too are now coming back with the error.

What have I done? Can anyone help?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jake N 

Did you change the name of the field in Jotform?

To help us have context, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured for that field.

If you tested live with the Zap ON, then check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/