Best answer

ClickUp Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined

Userlevel 3

Hi, im trying to create a zap that triggers when a clickup task is updated, but i keep receiving this issue. Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined.

Ive provided screen shots below. Thank you

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 May 2023, 11:05

View original

175 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ZBN22,

Just wanted to check in and ask if you've tried reconnecting your ClickUp account? It might help to solve the issue you're facing. You can reconnect your account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/clickup

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 3

Thanks Ken. I tried multiple times but still getting same error. Cheers

I’m so glad it wasn’t just me getting the error, when will this be resolved?

Userlevel 3

Oh no, is this a bug, @zap_everything ? 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same exact error code

Userlevel 3

I’m not getting the same message in all my clickup integrations where the trigger is creating a task too. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue here upon creating a new connection between Zapier and Clickup and attempting to make my first Zap. 😕 Hoping for a quick resolution. 

Same problem here 

Userlevel 1

@ken.a is this a known bug? 

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue when I am trying to create a Zap for the following:

“With every new task in ClickUP, I want a new folder created in Google Drive”

Same problems here when I use the zap "Create new sheet's row when the new task create"

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am also running into the same issue

Userlevel 3

Via Caleb (an awesome Zaper support ) provided the following: 

It seems that tasks with a status of "closed" are ignored when pulling samples, in particular. Closed tasks should trigger the zap live, though. 

To get around that, here's what you can try:

1.     In Zapier, change the Task Status field to something other than "Closed".

2.     In ClickUp, create an open task.

3.     In Zapier, try pulling in a sample again.

4.     If that works, you can use the sample to map the rest of the Zap.

5.     You can then change the Task Status field in the trigger step back to "closed" once everything is saved. 

I skipped the Zap testing and tested my zaps live and they worked so give that a try all. Cheers everyone! 

Userlevel 1

Also having this issue when trying to have a new ClickUp taste create a detailed Google calendar event. Zapier is not pulling in a test event, thus I am unable to map out any of my custom fields from Clickup. HALP

Having the same problem. 😭

Same issue, at least i know im not alone

I have the same issue. Please fix that 😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

I’ve been looking into this and found that this is related to a recently reported bug with the ClickUp app that’s preventing those samples from  

@ZBN22@zap_everything@araquel1013@SoulFyre777@Rickyvale04@Azi Alam@Payton@AdamZap@Jared L@dakid24@Grant Rotzien and @PTT Global - We’ve got you all added to the list of affected users on the bug report for this. I don’t have any ETAs on when this bug is going to be fixed but we’ll send out an email notification to you all the minute it is!

That said, this issue seems to only be affecting the ability to pull in live samples from ClickUp, so if you skip the test and finish setting up the Zap using the default ClickUp sample provided, then that should allow you to turn on your Zap and get things up and running.

If the default sample won’t work for you then it may be worth giving the suggested workaround from Support (mentioned by ZBN22) a try. I’ll re-share it here again for visibility:

“It seems that tasks with a status of "closed" are ignored when pulling samples, in particular. Closed tasks should trigger the zap live, though. 

To get around that, here's what you can try:

1. In Zapier, change the Task Status field to something other than "Closed".
  2. In ClickUp, create an open task.
  3. In Zapier, try pulling in a sample again.
  4. If that works, you can use the sample to map the rest of the Zap.
  5. You can then change the Task Status field in the trigger step back to "closed" once everything is saved.“

And we’ll be sure to post any updates or further workarounds that we come across here in the meantime! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response and suggestions Sam.

The issue with the default ClickUp sample is that it doesn’t include any custom fields, all of which I need to be imported into my Google Calendar event. I’m an artist manager and I’m keeping an itinerary for a touring band in ClickUp. I have custom fields set up for promoter and production contacts, ticket links, run of show, etc. The goal is to have this populate a Google Calendar which the band can easily refer to on the road. 

So, without being able to pull in the live samples, I don’t have the ability to sync custom fields with Google Calendar. Let me know if there’s a workaround for that. Otherwise, I’ll keep an eye out for the bug fix via email.

Cheers,

Jared

Thanks for your response and suggestions Sam.

The issue with the default ClickUp sample is that it doesn’t include any custom fields, all of which I need to be imported into my Google Calendar event. I’m an artist manager and I’m keeping an itinerary for a touring band in ClickUp. I have custom fields set up for promoter and production contacts, ticket links, run of show, etc. The goal is to have this populate a Google Calendar which the band can easily refer to on the road. 

So, without being able to pull in the live samples, I don’t have the ability to sync custom fields with Google Calendar. Let me know if there’s a workaround for that. Otherwise, I’ll keep an eye out for the bug fix via email.

Cheers,

Jared

Exactly same problem here, 

i need the custom fields, those arent provided by the default sample data. 

maybe SOLUTION: set up an automation: action is webhook

so u can use this one by zapier. but is not working in my case cuz i need to scrap the mail from custom field for mail markeeting

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear using the default sample wouldn’t work for you @Jared L and @zappimappi

Hmm, if those custom fields come through from ClickUp in the Zap History when the Zap runs live, then you could try using the custom pill mapping to manually select them.

We’ve got a guide in Community that explains how to do that here: 

Hope that helps! 🤞

Edit: Forgot to confirm that I’ve added you to the list of affected users too @zappimappi! 🙂

Hey @SamB -- would you mind also adding me to the list of affected users, too? I’m having the same problem as @Jared L -- the sample task isn’t helpful for my usecase.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it, @mmed! I’m happy to confirm that I’ve added you to the list as well. 🙂

In the meantime you might want to try the workaround I mentioned of manually selecting the custom fields using “custom pill mapping”. That way you could potentially select the fields without needing to pull them in as a sample in the Zap. 🤞

Hey @SamB -- would you mind also adding me to the list of affected users, too? I’m having the same problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @Alex109099090! I’ve added you to that list now.

We’ll be in touch with any updates here, as and when we have them! 🙂