Skip to main content
Best answer

ClickUp error: The app returned "Value must be an option index or uuid"

Working on creating a new task in ClickUp when a cognito form is entered.  I have drop down options from ClickUp that I need to select based on the form.  I’ve set up a look up table for the special ClckUp IDs and confirmed they match but I still get the error.

Here’s the error

IDs

lookup table

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kim_M 

For us to have more context about the error, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode for the ‘Action’ tab section.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here’s the full zap and the table with the issues.  # 6 gave me issues as well but I removed the output from # 7 in hopes whatever solves #5’s issues I can do for 6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

We need to see how Zap step 7 is configured in EDIT mode for the “Action” tab section.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

From the screenshots we can’t tell the field types because the screenshots are cutoff on the right side.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s a drop down and I have screenshots of the IDs in my original question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

Is Salesperson a dropdown field type?

Userlevel 1
Badge

no it’s a freeform.  I tested the action by removing the Event Objective data and it works, that’s how I know it’s the Event objective fields.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

Field: Event Date - Include Time?

Did you select “False” from the dropdown list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

For the ClickUp Zap step, can you post screenshots showing the DATA IN for the ‘Test’ tab section?

Another thing to check is to make sure there are no trailing spaces after the input UUIDs in the Formatter step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here are the data in when I get the error.  

I double checked the codes and no extra spaces.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

This (required?) custom field has a mapped variable with no data, which may be the root cause of the error.

On the Zap Step config, try clicking the [Refresh] button to make sure you have the current fields and current dropdown options to check that the Formatter lookup table steps have valid values.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

In the Zap Runs, check if there is a Logs tab that shows the underlying API request, which may contain more details info about the encountered error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I double checked and I have all the fields that are requied filled out.  I’m not sure what field this is.  

If i remove the output from Objective field on the action, it works so I confirmed all other fields are ok.

It’s not active yet, so I don’t have a logs tab.  

When I select Troubleshoot, it fives me this.  

The error message "Value must be an option index or uuid" indicates that one of the fields in your ClickUp task creation step is expecting a specific type of value, such as an option index or a universally unique identifier (UUID), but it received something else. This often happens with custom fields or dropdowns that require predefined options.

To resolve this, check the fields in your ClickUp task creation step, especially the custom fields (e.g., cf__d5f12a96-6dab-48d0-9b5e-31ffebda522ecf__e8a40130-6758-4aa0-9a0a-71d1b109c787, etc.). Ensure that the values being passed to these fields are valid option indices or UUIDs. For example, if a custom field is a dropdown, make sure the value you are passing matches one of the dropdown options. You can use the "Find Data" feature in Zapier to inspect the output of the previous step and ensure it matches the expected format. If the previous step's output is empty or incorrect, you may need to adjust the Formatter step to produce the correct data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check the Zap Runs for the logs to help you troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

I ran a test entry and here’s the error I received 400:Bad Request

highlited is the output of step 5.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

Here is why:

The value has trailing, which are line breaks and returns.

Make sure to remove those from the Lookup Table value and/or from the mapped field.

\r\n\r

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can’t find the spaces or returns but I see they are on the log of the look up table so I reentered them all manually again and it worked.  Possibly how I was copying from an excel cell was adding that but I couldn’t delete them .  Thanks for the support, and looking at the log wil be very beneficial if I run into this again.  Your support is 1000 times better than Zapier’s chat.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s amazing @Kim_M! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue.  Here’s what I see.  Please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RashidatO,

Could you please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of the ClickUp action step and please ensure that you capture all of its fields.

4e2d63a94f3708625f47d1799f722b69.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!