Best answer

ClickFunnels to GetResponse: Zap is not triggering on new contacts.

• 8 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

On my searching, I have noticed that there is a bug with Zapier and ClickFunnels

My Zap is simple (I’m not new to Zapier.)

New Contact Activity in ClickFunnels

Funnel (Selected)

Funnel Step (Selected)

*Yes they are the right ones

Once a new contact is added in ClickFunnels, a new action runs.

GetResponse then creates a new contact

List (Selected)

Email (Pulling from ClickFunnels data)

Day of Autoresponder Cycle (0)

Name (Pulling from ClickFunnels data)

Tags (Selected)

***The test runs perfectly, works, wonderful.

PUBLISH

***No triggering when contacts are added to ClickFunnels.

(Support is of no help, over 9 hours with zero response.)

icon

Best answer by starphilc 8 June 2023, 04:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @starphilc 

Good question.

A possible workaround is to try using Webhooks in ClickFunnels: https://help.clickfunnels.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039820293-Webhooks-in-ClickFunnels

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will provide the unique webhook URL to put in ClickFunnels.

This page shows the Zapier Support levels for different Zapier plans: https://zapier.com/l/support

Userlevel 1

Right, shouldn’t need to be work arounds, but here we are because things are broken.

After setting this up multiple times, this is still not working.

I’ve followed the steps, I created a Webhook to catch the Created_Contact

After that, I go to my members sign up page in Incognito, create my account, then

go back to my Zap to run the Test Trigger and still nothing.

“We couldn’t find a request.”

The Webhook in Zapier that was created, is put in the right funnel under the Webhooks

with the right settings.

***After a contact is created (By using the Membership SIgnup) form, nothing is triggered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@starphilc 

If the data isn’t being sent to the Zap webhook URL, then that may be an issue with ClickFunnels, and not the Zap.

Have you tried reaching out to ClickFunnels Support?

https://help.clickfunnels.com/hc/en-us

Userlevel 1

I finally got it working. I’m stupid for trying to use the same email to test, which didn’t create a new contact, but re-added the my old one so it didn’t trigger.

With your help and using the Webhooks, I can now pull the data from ClickFunnels properly and clean it up with Zapier and send it to other applications.

Grateful for your help and appreciate your time.

Thank you Troy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @starphilc,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the situation. It seems that you've already reached out to our Support team regarding this issue, and they have identified it as a bug. They have added it to the open bug report, although we don't have a specific timeframe for when it will be fixed. Rest assured, we'll notify you via email as soon as it is resolved.

On a positive note, I'm glad to hear that Troy was able to provide you with a workaround. I understand that it's not the ideal solution, and using the ClickFunnels app itself would be best, but for now, the workaround seems to be the only option until the bug is resolved.

Thank you for your understanding.