Best answer

Click up to Google sheets no custom field data

  • 14 March 2023
  • 3 replies
  • 67 views

Trigger: click up new task- Action: New row on google sheets

This works fine but it doesn't pull through any of the custom fields, I can see the options but there is no data attached 

This is what I see on Zapier

This is what pulls through on sheets

 

This doesn't happen for the Task Name which pulls through correctly 

Zapier

Google sheets

 

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 March 2023, 12:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LlDrgn!

I’m sorry for the frustration here, let’s see if we can get to the bottom of things. 

I know that we do have a feature request for ClickUp that’s related to custom fields, but it doesn’t match what you’re seeing. I also found this post in ClickUp’s forums about custom fields in Zapier and it sounds like they added it, but maybe it isn’t working the way that you need?

 

Are there any other fields related to Clickup custom fields in your data? Could you share all the data that you get from Clickup, so we can see if there’s a different field that you can use? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

That was a lot… sorry!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LlDrgn! 👋

Ah, it looks as though the names of the custom fields are coming through but not their values, which isn’t ideal! I’ve added your vote to a feature request to be able to access the custom field values for new tasks in ClickUp. I don’t have an ETA on when that will be sorted but we’ll notify you by email the minute it is!

In the meantime, on the post Danvers shared earlier, it looks like there were a number of workarounds suggested to use a Code by Zapier action or Webhooks by Zapier as the trigger instead. I’ve not tested those out myself but they may be worth giving a try. If you do manage to get a workaround up and running for this please let us know! 🙂