Question

Citrix Parent Folder error: Unable to load choices We're having trouble loading 'Parent Folder' data. The app returned "lang: en-US, value: Item not found: The item that you requested could not be found in the system."

• 25 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Hi, I am trying to select a folder in Citrix. WPForms > Dropbox create a folder > Citrix create a folder with the name of the folder in Dropbox > upload file to Citrix folder that was just created. 

I am getting this error: Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Parent Folder' data. The app returned "lang: en-US, value: Item not found: The item that you requested could not be found in the system.".

I have had this issue come up and go away after some time but today it won’t resolve like normal and I don’t know what I can do about it. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GGI 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps is configured with the variables mapped between Zap steps in order for us to have context.

For a little more context. I am using DropBox to create folder names that Citrix uses to create folders with because Citrix zaps don’t seem to have a “find” folder functionality like Dropbox does. This solved an issue we were having with the same individual submitting multiple files on different occasions where Citrix would error with “file name already exists” I still had the error this post is regarding even before I added the DropBox workaround. 

I am still new to Zapier but I believe this is what you are asking for below in the screenshots. Happy to provide more info to aid in this. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GGI 

Check your Zap app connection for Citrix here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

You may want to use GSheets or Airtable as a lookup table for the Citrix Folder IDs, which should eliminate the need for using the Dropbox workaround:

I will look into these. Thank you for the help!

I tested connection - result successful.

I also reconnected Citrix and refreshed my browser. I am still receiving the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GGI 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GGI 

If you know the Parent Folder ID, then you can use the ‘Custom’ option to set that value:

Understood, I will try this. Thank you very much!

Is there a resource for how to find that folder ID?

I think I found the folder ID but was given this error:

The app returned "lang: en-US, value: Authorization failed: Item.You are not authorized to perform this operation.".

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GGI 

Folder ID can be found in the browser URL most likely.

The error may indicate that the Citrix ShareFile account you connected to Zapier does not have sufficient permissions/privileges to be used in the Zap step.