Question

Circle and Convertkit Zap Not Connecting

• 19 February 2024
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! I’m trying to create a zap that triggers Convertkit to remove a tag when someone in my circle membership community cancels their subscription. I tested this out with a test email but it does not seem to be working. Could it be that because when someone cancels (like I did with my test email) I still actually have access to that paywall spaces until the end of the payment period? I’d prefer it triggers the tag removal RIGHT when they cancel, this way my email lists stay up to date in real time. For example, only CURRENT members will receive emails meant for current members because they have that “current membership tag” (which would be automatically removed when they cancelled with this zap). 

Thank you!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hilarie 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone - 

Here are some screenshots, hopefully this is helpful. When it runs the “test” with a specific user, it should show me in real time that tag removed, correct? If it is supposed to do that, it's not working. I also did they test with an email what's the zap was published and it still does not seem to be connecting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step 2 is configured for the ‘Action’ section within the step.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone here are the other screenshots!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

Screenshots for the ConvertKit step don’t show how the ‘Action’ section is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone sorry about that, here is that screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

That screenshot is from the ‘Test’ section.

Other screenshots were for these section: ‘App & Event’ and ‘Account’

We need to see the ‘Action’ section for the step.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone this is the only thing I can get to pop up when I click on the action step. Is there a better way to screenshot to show you how it is configured?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

The field “Subscriber Email” expects a value that is a valid email address, rather than the Status from Step 1 that has a value of “canceled”.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone I have updated this and it still seems to not be working correctly. Is there a way for someone on the tech/troubleshooting team to go in to my specific zap to see what is going on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

We will need to see updated screenshots with how the step is configured.

If you are looking to hire help, there’s a directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone Here are the updated screenshots! The action/test seems to be working, the tag is removed from that test email. The part I’m confused about is then when I tested out the zap by actually cancelling my subscription inside Circle with my test email, the tag does not get removed in Convertkit. The billing cycle does not actually end until March 17th, I’m wondering if the zap does not recognize it as cancelled until they are actually removed from the paywall? But I’d like the zap to remove the tag as soon as they cancel.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone looks like it still says “draft” on the top, maybe this is the reason? I can’t figure out how to get it out of draft mode. Although it says published 6 days ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

That depends on the behavior of when Circle will trigger the Zap.

You may want to reach out to Circle Support for possible answers about the behavior of their Zap app integration.