Question

Checkboxes from Ninja Forms Mapping Not Mapping to Appropriate Column in Google Sheets

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m having trouble mapping multiple-choice answers to the selected individual columns when less than all of the answers are selected.

For example, I have six possible answers. If I select all six, my answers are mapped individually to six different columns as programmed. The problem is when you choose anywhere from 1-5 answers. The selected answers are automatically mapping to the first column, and then the second, and so on and so forth.

They are not mapping to their appropriate column and instead being mapped in order (see below). E should stay in the fifth column, but it’s moving to the first if no other answers picked.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jonnyrc 

The solution would involve custom Code to create custom variables depending on the value of the checkbox field.

The concept would be to have 1 custom variable that maps to each of field.

In the Code, it would check each value and set it to the correct variable.

Hi @jonnyrc 

The solution would involve custom Code to create custom variables depending on the value of the checkbox field.

The concept would be to have 1 custom variable that maps to each of field.

In the Code, it would check each value and set it to the correct variable.

Bummer. I wish there was an easier way. Would it be a code in Google Sheets or Zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jonnyrc 

Zap Code step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help