Question

ChatGPT Error: Unsupported content type

• 13 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m seeing a weird issue on my Chat GPT Zaps. The error is:

Step 8. Conversation With Assistant in ChatGPT

This ChatGPT step hit an error.

Error message: The app returned "Unsupported content type: 'application/json; charset=utf-8'. This API method only accepts 'application/json' requests, but you specified the header 'Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8'. Ple...". Unsupported content type: 'appl

This error occurred on all my GPT Zaps this morning. I have tasks that have ran flawlessly daily for months. Even the test in is working well.

Now, no Chat GPT Assistants appears in the drop down. Looks like that’s where the issue is — the Zap is trying to call Assistants but none exist. I have my Open AI accounting with Assistants testing fine in the other tab.

Did Zapier lose connection to Chat GPT Assistants?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jbtx 

Check the OpenAI status page: https://status.openai.com/

Recent/ongoing issues may be related.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy Tessalone - I checked that page when posting this message but nothing was there this morning. Good to see! 

Userlevel 1

It seems that how Zapier calls ChatGPT changed … getting a slew of errors suddenly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jbtx and @rjx,

There seems to be an issue in OpenAI’s end as per https://status.openai.com/. I suggest to keep an eye on this link. Though it is not indicated as resolved yet, on my testing, it seems operational already.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @ken.a — indeed, the problem went away some time yesterday. Needed to get a bunch of replays going.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @rjx! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved. I’m sorry for the hassle that the OpenAI downtime has caused you.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

I wish the troubleshoot feature within Zapier (beta?) would look into the status of related services, so it is easier to do a root-cause analysis...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @rjx,

Thank you so much for this valuable feedback, this is how we build and grow Zapier! I've submitted it to our internal database, which our product teams use when looking to make improvements and changes to Zapier. 

Hopefully, this helps!