Best answer

ChatGPT error: The error that occurred was technical in nature: "Exposed.create_execution() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user'.

Userlevel 1

We have created a ChatGPT medication reminder that can access our google calendars and create repeating events that includes a reminder. It used to work correctly. Now it does not work anymore. Our custom chatGPT comes back with an error saying that an error occurred while it attempted to set up the calendar event. When I asked chatGPT about the nature of the error it said: "The error that occurred was technical in nature: "Exposed.create_execution() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user'." This suggests there was an issue with the underlying service configuration, specifically a missing required argument needed to execute the operation properly."

I am at a loss. We haven't changed anything about our zap. Zapier can still establish connections to our accounts. What is wrong? What can we do to make this work? We created this for a presentation. The presentation is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Please help!

icon

Best answer by SamB 25 April 2024, 14:11

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @rabazaller, welcome to the Community! 👋

You mentioned that the “error occurred while it attempted to set up the calendar event” so I’m assuming that the error was coming from Google Calendar not ChatGPT - is that correct?

If so, it could be that there’s an issue with the connected Google Calendar account. Can you try reconnecting your Google Account, then replay the errored run of the Zap to see if that fixes it? 

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

Userlevel 1

We have the same issue now

Userlevel 1

I have the same error, but I am trying to use Todoist: 'Exposed.create_execution() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user''.

Userlevel 2

i have the same error when trying to use Gmail: Send Email action. 

Userlevel 2

Same error. 2 accounts were tested, all connections were refreshed. Error:

• Exposed.create_execution() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user'
Userlevel 2

Hello @rabazaller, welcome to the Community! 👋

You mentioned that the “error occurred while it attempted to set up the calendar event” so I’m assuming that the error was coming from Google Calendar not ChatGPT - is that correct?

If so, it could be that there’s an issue with the connected Google Calendar account. Can you try reconnecting your Google Account, then replay the errored run of the Zap to see if that fixes it? 

Same error. 2 accounts were tested, all connections were refreshed. Error:

Userlevel 1

I got the same error since the last two days, it never happened before, I didn’t make any change in any configuration. 

Userlevel 2

I got the same error too, even when testing the gmail action “send mail” on the “Zapier AI Actions: Live Demo”

Userlevel 1

Dear Friends, Hi !

I'm joining you.

We have the same problem.

Exposed.create_execution() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user'

Gentlemen from the support service, explain what is happening ? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Same error with Asana and Microsoft 365 actions.

Userlevel 1

I’m facing the same issue with a custom GPT connected to my calendar. I’ve double-checked the configuration and connection, and re-run it a few times.

Any ideas, please? 

Userlevel 1

Dear Support & Moderator

It is very strange that the moderators are asleep )

I think this is a serious problem for many.

For the sake of decency, you can answer here what is the problem?

Userlevel 2

@SamB is there anything else that we can do other than what you suggest as, at least for me, it didn’t solve the problem

Userlevel 1

Just received back a response from the AI team; this is a bug. If you have not done so, please go report this through the feedback form in the zapier AI section; they prioritize bugs based on how many users are affected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all 👋

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re all being affected by that same “Exposed.create_execution() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user'” error. We’ve recently opened an incident for this issue which is currently under investigation.

You can follow along and subscribe to updates on the status of the incident here: https://status.zapier.com/incidents/chhjtvsq8tk9

Thank you all for your patience in the meantime. 

Userlevel 1

Hello @rabazaller, welcome to the Community! 👋

I can assure you that we’ve tried but it just doesn’t work

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @The Griot 👋

As mentioned in my latest reply we opened an incident to investigate the issue. A fix has been recently put in place so your Zaps should be working again now, but we’re continuing to monitor the situation.

We’ll post a further update here to confirm it’s fully fixed once it’s been marked as resolved.

Userlevel 1

Hi @The Griot 👋

As mentioned in my latest reply we opened an incident to investigate the issue. A fix has been recently put in place so your Zaps should be working again now, but we’re continuing to monitor the situation.

We’ll post a further update here to confirm it’s fully fixed once it’s been marked as resolved.

SamB, Great Thanks ! Have a Nice Day !