Question

ChatGPT error: Secrets can only be 36 chars in length, keys can only be 32 chars in length, value must be smaller than 25000 bytes

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello
I wanted to connect Chatgpt to Zapier so that every day they ask him the question “give me a cooking recipe”I have completed all the required boxes.When I do a quick test for Zapier to check if it works well. This message appears:

“Failed to create a conversation in ChatGPT

Secrets can only be 36 chars in length, keys can only be 32 chars in length, value must be smaller than 25000 bytes.”
  and I cannot resolve my problem with the AI

thank you a lot for your answer

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @erty 

Good question.

Help articles to reference for using ChatGPT in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/chatgpt/help

Hello
I wanted to connect Chatgpt to Zapier so that every day they ask him the question “give me a cooking recipe”I have completed all the required boxes.When I do a quick test for Zapier to check if it works well. This message appears:

“Failed to create a conversation in ChatGPT

Secrets can only be 36 chars in length, keys can only be 32 chars in length, value must be smaller than 25000 bytes.”
  and I cannot resolve my problem with the AI

thank you a lot for your answer

Is there any solution to this error? I had the same problem and can’t run ChatGPT with Zapier also. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear @erty,

Regarding the error:

Secrets can only be 36 chars in length, keys can only be 32 chars in length, value must be smaller than 25000 bytes

you're facing, here are some quick checks:

1. API Key Accuracy: Ensure the OpenAI API key is correctly copied without any additional spaces or characters.
  2. Quotation Marks: Confirm that you haven't included quotation marks (" ") around the API key.
  3. Plan Limitations:  Check if your subscription plan accommodates the data volume you're processing.
  4. Use Postman: For additional verification, try manually sending a request via Postman. This can help isolate the issue to either the API key or the Zapier setup.

Did these solutions fix your problem? If you need more help, feel free to contact us directly for support.

Best Regards,

Dillon Breytenbach

DashSquared Team

https://www.linkedin.com/company/dash-squared/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@erty and @Plato 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us context?