Best answer

Chatbot/Tables Issue with Field or 'Vertical' Info Recognition

• 11 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I started using Chatbots (Premiun) with Zapier Tables (this in Free Version). I loaded a 38 record table in order to test the chatbot, but when I ask the number of records, it only show and report 10 records. The field recognition is already working ok, but after several attempts, the chatbot can't bring the whole records information. 

As I have tried to solve this, I realized that there are no issues with each register field information, but with the fields themselves. So, the problem arises when you ask the chatbot some 'field' or 'vertical' info, instead of asking for some register name information.

As an example: if I have a table with people names and their birthdays, the chatbot will fail when I ask 'how many people was born in december?' or 'how many people was born before 1990?',because this is 'vertical' or 'field' information, not a register information.

I already upgrade Tables Plan but the problem is not solved. Any ideas to solve this will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 April 2024, 18:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PabloP, welcome to the Community! 🎉

That’s very odd. ChatBots is able to see 1,000 records from a Zapier Table so it should be possible for it to see those 38. When the table was added as a datasource to the ChatBot did it only have 10 records, and were a further 28 added afterwards?

If so, if might be worth re-syncing the datasource so it’s able to see the new records. To do that you’d want to open up the ChatBot from the Chatbots dashboard, then click on the Instructions tab. Under the Knowledge sources section click on the Sync button to force it to reload the data from the connected table.

For example:
e06d80bd198a98e1c0afe03350c20e66.png

Can you give that a try and let me know if that sorts it?

Hi, Sam,

thanks for your answer. I tried all the options, but the Chatbot still answer ‘10’ when I ask the number of registers at the table. It has no issues when the field recognition for any of the 38 registers, but if I ask how many registers fit a certain criteria, it will fail and only consider a 10 record list.

Any advice will be helpful Thanks in advance.

Pablo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for giving that a try @PabloP. I’ve done some testing in my own account as well and it’s not working correctly for me either, even if I completely remove the Zapier Table as a datasource and add it again, or even if I add the data as a file.

At this point I think it’s likely a bug and it would be best to reach out to the Zapier Chatbots team directly to have this investigated further. I can see you’ve already reached out to the support team about this and they’ve passed your support tickets over to the relevant team, so someone on that side will get back to you as soon as they can. 

Sorry to not have a workaround to suggest at the moment, if I come across any I’ll be sure to share details of them here! Very keen to ensure this gets sorted, so please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with them. 

Hi, Sam,

thanks for your answer. I think this is a limitation for now, probably to be solved later.
For my case, I did some python code and get the 'Fields' info by
printing it in a google doc file. Is not the best, but it works for
now.

Have a nice day,

Pablo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for the update here @PabloP. Awesome work on coming up with that workaround to use a Python Code action to get the desired information! 🙌

Although it’s not an ideal solution, it sounds like you’re all set for the moment. If anything changes on that or you have any further questions please do reach back out in the Community to let us know - we’d love to hear from you again. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁