Cant connect conversion facebook with Stripe


Userlevel 1
Greetings community, I hope you are well. I'm trying to connect my pixel to stripe actions.I'll give you some context, we use Stripe as a payment platform for certain countries. The idea is that every time someone makes a payment that is recorded by Stripe, the pixel can capture that action.I admit that I have never used Zappier before (Platform we use to connect Stripe with the Facebook pixel), I was watching some videos on YouTube to understand how to link them, I did some things but they gave me some errors and I can't get the solution, could someone help me..? Please:D

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LewCamps53,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the error you’re running into.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Sure.. 

This is the zap I have configured

 

This is the trigger configuration

Now, this is the configured pixel event

 

In this part I don't know if I'm doing the configuration correctly... I've seen some things on YouTube but nothing is clear -»
In this part I am using a very specific url that is exclusive for users from Chile, we do the same in Argentina. This is to identify the lead conversion rate in each country.

En estos otros puntos, no se que debo colocar:

I'm not sure if the configuration is correct.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The error I was getting was this --» 

 

But if you notice in the settings, you will see that the currency is selected

And after I open the zap it gives me this error

 

I know something is wrong, I'm not an expert in this... I've only seen things on YouTube, could you help me configure it?

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the additional information and screenshots!

I have a hunch that the data from Stripe mapped in the “Value” field didn’t went through. Would you mind sending another screenshot of the DATA IN and DATA OUT of the Zap run in the Zap History specifically the DATA IN and DATA OUT of the Facebook Conversion action step?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

I think you are talking about these....
Stripe → 

 

 

 

 

 Facebook -»

 

I think this is what you are asking of me, I hope you can help me. Thank you very much:D

 

 

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LewCamps53,

I’m sorry, but this isn’t the screenshot I was looking for. Would you mind sending me another screenshot of the Zap run in the Zap History? Please ensure to include the Data OUT and Data IN in the screenshot for me to check closely.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Okay, I think I know what you mean...
Stripe →

 

  • Data Out

 

  • Data in

I think this is what you are asking of me... Sorry, I don't know how to manage this platform. Thank you very much for your patience.

 

 

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the screenshot @LewCamps53!

Whenever you see those {{...}} curly braces around entries in the Data In of an action, this means that there is a field mapped there in the Zap Editor, but when the Zap ran live this data was not sent from a previous step.

9b1aa8026a00bef308f86024d190034e.png
(view larger)

It looks like the mapped data in the “Value” field from the Stripe trigger to the Facebook Conversion action step is missing after the Zap runs.

de92d641dfbef60e08c65d9e8a9df684.png
(view larger)

Have you tried changing your Stripe “New Customer” trigger to the “New Payment” trigger instead?

Please let me know if that works. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Good morning, how are you doing Ken? That's it, I made the change and it doesn't give me the currency error anymore; only now it shows me this error →

 

 

I know I'm a bit annoying about this, but I really don't know what's going on hahaha, could you help me? Thank you very much for how much you have helped me so far :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @LewCamps53,

That’s great news! I’m glad to hear that the currency error is gone.

I took a look at the new error you’re experiencing seems like that an event will be considered valid if it only includes parameters consisting of one of the following combinations or a subset thereof:

  • City + Country + State + Zip code + Gender + Client user agent
  • Date of birth + Client user agent
  • First name + Gender
  • Last name + Gender

You can read more about the requirements here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/conversions-api/best-practices/#req-rec-params

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Okay Ken, thank you very much.. A hug.!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @LewCamps53! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Reply