Best answer

Cannot set up zap connection to Excel file on OneDrive

• 7 April 2023
  • 8 replies

First zap ever!

Problem: Can’t see OneDrive folders and Excel file in the Zapier Trigger dialog

Background:

I’m trying to use the Zapier Excel Trigger “Whenever a row is changed...” to launch a workflow in Process Street. Process Street side is set up and works fine in the test. 

The Excel spreadsheet is on OneDrive in the My files / Documents folder.  I  have set up my Microsoft 365 account in Zapier and it says the authentication works.

When I try to set up the connection in the Zapier Trigger dialog, Zapier cannot see any of the OneDrive folder structure in the drop down.  From there, I obviously can’t select a workbook either.  Prior topics queried whether this was a native or shared folder.  The folder is native to my account.

How do I get the folder list & select the Excel file?

icon

Best answer by Charie 7 April 2023, 21:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @JohnK 

Welcome and thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the folder from your OneDrive? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Sorry.  I was incorrect in stating the folder drop down in Zapier is empty.  It shows several Recording folders (from Teams?)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Charie 

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

Just want to confirm few things here.

1. With the screenshot you sent, it shows “Shared” for the file you’re trying to use. Is this file something you created or was it shared to you?
  2. Are you using OneDrive for Business?

Looking forward to your response.

I shared the file from within my OneDrive to see if that was going to fix the issue.  It didn’t.  The file is native to my OneDrive account.

This is a OneDrive - Personal Account.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @JohnK 

Thanks for confirming that information.

I did some digging into this, and based on documentation about Microsoft Excel, Only OneDrive for Business is supported to integrate with Zapier.

About the Excel Integration

• Admin/owner permissions: Sufficient permission is needed to view information from a spreadsheet or make changes to it.
  • Paid/versioned account: Only OneDrive for Business is supported and able to integrate with Zapier. Federated accounts, consumer accounts, Outlook accounts are not.
  • Authentication method: OAuth

Let me know if you have other questions.

OneDrive for Business was the hint I needed.  I was looking at the wrong OneDrive account.  Works fine now.

Thanks for your help.

It would be useful to note that only OneDrive for Business is supported in the trigger build dialog or some other nearby documentation.  (I may have missed it someplace)

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @JohnK 

You’re welcome. I’m glad Charie was able to help you.

I will take note of your feedback regarding OneDrive for Business as we continue to make our platform better. Appreciate that!