Best answer

Cannot get attachment from Slack message

• 27 April 2022
  • 2 replies

precondition

・Email linkage to the email address issued in the slack channel <call it A>.

What I want to do

1. <slack>  A is notified to slack
2. <Zapier> when A is notified, retrieve the contents of the email in the slack's message
3. <Zapier> take action according to the content of the acquired email

PROBLEM

In step 2, I cannot retrieve the contents of the email.
I have read some help and understand that I can get it if it is an "indented type attachment". However, if it is a "non-indented type of attachment", can I not get the ATTACHMENT?

It is good to know if it can be acquired or not.
If it cannot be obtained, I will try to achieve it in a different way (a little more difficult).

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 3 May 2022, 23:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @SHIORI! Thanks for this! We definitely want to help.

Do you mind sending over some screenshots of your zap setup with any personal details obscured? It might help us troubleshoot this with you! Also, is the attachment triggering the Zap but not showing the contents? Or are the samples not coming through at all?

We look forward to researching this more with you! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SHIORI!

Can I ask, how are you getting that email into Slack? I know you can forward emails to a special email address in Slack, but that is delivered by Slackbot. Your screenshot looks different, so I’m wondering how this is getting into Slack:

Once we know that, we can try to replicate your workflow to see what’s possible :)